|John and me in Monterey, CA|
|Street Market in St. Paul-de-Vence, Provence, France|
My husband is a southern gentleman who grew up in New Orleans and spent his youth traveling the South to vacation and visit family. He moved to London during high school and went on to live in Scotland and Denmark. After graduating from high school in Aberdeen, Scotland, he returned to the U.S. to attend Louisianna State University. After graduation, he took a job in Texas, then ultimately, ended up living in Southern California.
We both work for the government and have traveled all over the U.S. for work. We love to travel and have been to Europe and visited many states together. So, our cooking style is informed by all the places we've lived. We always enjoy learning new cooking techniques and trying fresh food wherever we go. We love to visit California Wine Country and often bring spices back different places we go.
|Grapes for sale in Amalfi, Italy|
Here are a few of our family recipes:
John's Mom's Curried Chicken Salad
Aunt Kak's Cream Cheese Brownies
Grandma Irene's Coconut and Walnut Cookies
Now comes the fun part! I get to share this award with 5 fellow bloggers!
Food Stories is pleased to present the Food Stories Award for Excellence in Storytelling, a fabulous nomination that anyone can bestow on their fellow bloggers.
1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way our judges will know who is being considered for the monthly presentation).
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
3. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
4. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their stories and nominate them for the award.
5. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/) .
Food Stories will put together a team of judges to review all nominees and to select a Food Stories Award Winner for each month. More information to come on what fabulous opportunities await for those lucky winners!
2. Thank you so much C.J.! I am truly honored!
3. Purple is my favorite color - my last car was a purple Camaro!
4. I am nominating the following wonderful food bloggers who are great storytellers, too:
Trevor at Sis.Boom.[Blog]
Kathy at Bakeaway With Me
Kris at Miss Kris Kitchen
Chris at The Cafe Sucre Farine
Thank you all for your support of our culinary journey!