You know how much I love Strawberries! Well, add chocolate, and I just can't resist!
Strawberry-Lemonade Picnic Cake that I made, so I decided to fill this gorgeous cake with it. The original recipe came from Cuisine at Home which you all know I'm a big fan of, but Cathy featured it on her gorgeous blog, The Noble Pig, too.
This cake was so moist & delicious, but one thing puzzled me - it has no eggs in it! Really - I read the recipe 3 times & was still skeptical when I put it in the oven, but, as you can see, it rose just fine without them.
And, more good stuff! I was given the Versatile Blog Award by Sara of Redhead Cuisine! I met Sara through Tuesdays with Dorie which is an on-line baking group working through Baking With Julia by Dorie Greenspan. Sara is a talented baker who also creates wonderful dishes with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
The best thing about this award is that I get to share it! It means so much to be recognized by our peers. I'm sharing this award with these inspired bloggers:
Here are the official rules:
Seven Random things about me:
- I moved to Atsugi, Japan when I was 5 years-old.
- When I was a kid I wanted to be an Oceanographer!
- When I was in college I wanted to be an international news corespondent...
- Then I wanted to teach college...
- In 2003, I started working on my doctorate in Educational Leadership - I finished all the coursework, but not my dissertation. I let go after 6 years.
- Barbara Wood is my favorite author.
- I have tickets to see Norah Jones with my niece at the Santa Barbara Bowl!