We were basically true to the recipe with a few exceptions:
1. We already had cooked Chicken, so just cut it into thin strips.
3. We added the Onions to the sauce because I don't really like raw onions in my enchiladas.
4. We used an immersion blender instead of a stand blender.
5. I used a 4-cheese Mexican Blend from Kraft instead of all Jack Cheese.
|Blending the roasted Tomatillos into the Sour Cream Sauce|
6. We made 2 pans of 6 enchiladas and froze one - I'm sure it won't be in the freezer for long!
That's it - they were absolutely incredible. The flavor combination was amazing! They'd be great to make ahead of time for company, too. These will become a staple in our house. We'd also like to try them with seafood.
|Just one more, then ready to be topped with sauce!|
|We enjoyed these with Sangria over crushed ice|